Monday, August 11, 2008

the first day of the college....

Had given my bike for servicing. Tilak dropped me to the college. It was a very uneasy and a unpleasant feeling. My mind had so many thoughts but the space inside my head seemed to be void. This was the first time that I walked into the college through the main entrance. It had always been attending the college from the hostel end.

I walked through the college, not particularly looking at anyone or anything. Mind was blank, didn’t wanted to think about anything. Came to the block where my class was supposed to be in the second floor. Memories of my second year came flooding back. It was a nostalgia when I was climbing the stairs step by step. The memories seemed to be so fresh and alive that for a moment I forgot that I am back in the college after a year. When the last turn up to the second floor came I stopped, heart started beating a little faster. I sighed. Drew a deep breath in and climbed on. Once on the second floor there is crowd outside the classroom. For a moment my mind just wondered “ am I out of tune or are they from some other planet”. The reviews I had heard about this section were proved within no time. I walked on. I could recognize few faces which were from the hostel, juniors then. Some of them who recognized me raised their eyebrows and hands in a gesture to greet me. entrepreneurship and management was the subject for that period but it was swapped with some other subject of the next sem. I was disappointed.

No lecs had come to the class so we started walking out when the lec from the neighbouring class came and yelled at the mob for the nuisance being created. When we were a floor down someone called telling some other lec has come. I walked in and to my surprise it was shilpa madam(we had been for her tuitions in the 4th sem for the same subject) standing there waiting for the ppl to file in. looking at me she gavea wink and a smile of recognition. My hands involuntarily made a welcoming gesture. I was delighted to find someone in the class who knew me, even if it was a lecturer. I got my name entered into the attendance register and remembered that I have to repeat this act for five more classes. Sat, settled down. Heart beating faster and my mind racing and the class started…..

1 comment:

Ashwij said...

awesome sir....!!!Some of my friends were actually telling me, there was a guy in the class who actually looked like our ebiz-sudeep ji!!!!!