Friday, July 1, 2011

1 YEar at EY.


10 in the evening(in sjce hostel there are no nights) of 12th May, 2010 i get a message from from my placement secretary(gulbarga ki kali) that a company called Ernst and Young is coming for placements for tomorrow. The name rang a bell somewhere in the back of my mind. It took me little time to realize that i had read about this company when i was gearing up for Deloitte(a company which i wanted to get in). First question that people of my league will have whenever any company comes for placements is not what is the package but "what is the cut off". To my surprise and relief she texted back saying 60. Phew!!!! After a long time some company came looking for average scorers. Somehow, when i woke up the next day, calm had dawned on me. Everything went on as though it was thoroughly rehearsed. Mine was the first name to be called out. By any measure this was nothing groud shattering or breath taking but personally it answered my doubts i had.

        It is 10 25 in the night(well, it is night) and i sit here with less than 48 hours to complete one year of my arrival to Bangalore.

        I am excercising control over my urge to post about the things that i did last year, but let me keep some ammunition to fire myself up to write one more post some time soon.

        But i will definitely going to tell you tweleve awesome things(according to my own measure) that i did in 2010, one for each month.

        Watch this space for more!!!

(Forgive the spelling mistakes)

No comments: